It’s that time of year again where resolutions and good intentions abound. Still, we all know that without a goal to stick to, it’s hard to see those resolutions through to the end. To help keep you on track and get 2015 off to a great start, we’re giving our Android and iOS users two new goal-oriented features — Commitments and Create a Challenge in-app.
Many of you like to step up and create your own challenges. Whether you create them for yourself or for a few select friends, sharing a goal and watching each other’s progress on the leaderboard is a lot of fun. A bit of friendly competition never hurts, right? Speaking of your own progress, we’re giving you a sneak peek at our latest feature – Commitments.
If you’ve just decided to make your New Year’s resolution, you’re right on time to try out our Commitments feature and use it to stick to your 2015 goals on a week-to-week basis. We’ve made two simple guides to walk you through creating your Commitments and Challenges.
Right now, by making a Commitment, you can set a weekly fitness goal and see your progress week by week. Committing to your goal is easy. All you have to do is choose the type of goal, the weekly performance you wish to do, and the sport you want to commit to. Once you’ve chosen your goal, you can check to see how well you’ve done every week.
- To make your Commitment, tap on the Commitments tab in the menu.
- If it’s your first time “committing”, you’ll land on the “Make a Commitment” screen. (If you’re already a commitment whiz, you’ll see a list of your Commitments instead.)
- From the “Make a Commitment” screen, you can tap on the button to create one, and then choose to enter your goal type – distance, number of workouts, duration or calories and choose how much or how far you want go. After that, select your sports (if you want to choose all sports, just deselect the default sport – running)
- After that, just click the button to save your Commitment, and start tracking your goals!
We’re working on adding lots of motivating features to it, so give it a whirl now and let us know what you think so far.
Have you ever wanted to start a challenge with friends on the spot, only to suddenly feel bummed realizing you’d have to log on to the site to set one up? Up until now, you’ve only had the option to create your challenges on our website, but from now on, you can create one and invite your friends directly from your app.
- The first thing you need to do to create a challenge is go to your menu and tap “Challenges”. There, you’ll see a new “Create” tab – go ahead and tap on it.
- Now you can start creating your own challenge. Start by giving it a name and adding a picture, to make it yours. Then select the start and end date and the sport you want to focus on (“All Sports” is the default setting). You’ll also have the option to add a short description of your challenge and a prize for the lucky winner. “Glory and honor” is always a good prize. There are a few more filters you can tweak to really make the challenge your own, including who can join it.
- Next up, invite the friends you want to join in. You can choose to make it a challenge just for yourself, your best friend, your football team or the whole Endomondo community.
- You’re almost done! The last step is to review your challenge. If you’re satisfied with it, tap “Start Challenge”. Now, you’ll be able to see your challenge in the “My Challenges” section of your app. If you’ve invited anyone, they’ll get an in-app notification as well as an email so they can go join your challenge. You can always edit your challenge at endomondo.com
We hope you enjoy our latest features, and that they help keep you and your friends even more motivated.
Go on and free more endorphins in 2015!
The Endomondo Team