Endomondo is a social fitness network with community tools that enable people worldwide to connect through their passion for living healthy, active lives. It’s focused on activities and sports that unify physically active individuals and promotes exercise for anyone looking to get and stay fit – from casual fitness enthusiasts to elite athletes. Our mission is to make fitness fun and engaging.
THE MOBILE APP: A SOCIAL MOTIVATOR ON TOP OF A FULL-FLEDGED PERSONAL TRAINER
Endomondo Sports Tracker turns your mobile into both a personal trainer and a social motivator. Bring your mobile whenever you run, walk, bike or do any other outdoor sport across a distance. While you are out there, your route is automatically tracked together with your distance, duration, average speed, split time, calories burned, and more. The audio coach will inform you about your pace for each kilometer or mile. The app keeps a full history of your workouts.
The social dimension is what makes Endomondo even more engaging and sets it apart from other fitness apps. Your friends can follow your workout live, and if they think you need a little boost in motivation, they can send you Peptalks that are read aloud to you in real time – a popular feature used for both encouragement and friendly jabbing! The app also allows you to race against a friend’s previous workout with help from the audio coach.
Endomondo Sports Tracker is connected with Endomondo.com, where users can keep a full training log and dive into a more detailed workout performance analysis. Users can connect with Twitter and Facebook to share their activities with their social networks.
The app is the highest rated fitness tracking app across major app stores.
TIMELINE: FROM 0 TO 20 MILLON USERS AND GROWING
- November 2007: Endomondo is founded in Copenhagen, Denmark by Christian Birk, Jakob Nordenhof Jønck and Mette Lykke, all of them leaving jobs as management consultants with McKinsey & Company.
- August 2008: An early alpha version of Endomondo.com is launched together with the first app. The app soon works on all major platforms.
- July 2009: The beta version of Endomondo.com is launched.
- September 2010: Endomondo passes one million users.
- December 2010: The first PRO version of the app is released on Android, BlackBerry and iPhone.
- September 2011: Endomondo passes 5 million users.
- January 2012: Endomondo passes 7 million users.
- June 2012: Endomondo reaches 10 million downloads.
- October 2012: Endomondo announces global venture partnership with The Coca-Cola Company and reaches 12 million users.
- October 2013: Endomondo reaches 20 million downloads and 1 billion miles tracked.
- January 2014: Introducing “Pages” – “Pages” are the new social hubs on Endomondo for companies.
- August 2014: Endomondo introduces a new app: Endomondo Life – An all-day activity tracker app for iPhone 5S and above.
- September 2014: Endomondo Premium is launched on Windows Phone – Premium on mobile is now available on all the three major platforms.
- November 2014: Wearables become the key tech trend of 2014. Endomondo starts supporting Pebble, Jabra Pulse and Android Wear.
- January 2015: Endomondo reaches 20.000.000 active users worldwide.
- February 2015: Endomondo joins the Under Armour family, which along with MapMyFitness, MyFitnessPal and UA Record, creates the largest connected fitness community of more than 120 million registered users.
- March 2015: Stand-alone support for Sony Smartwatch 3.
- April 2015: Apple Watch now supports Endomondo.
- May 2015: New workout page launched on endomondo.com
COMPATIBILITY: WORKS ON ALL MAJOR PLATFORMS
You can use Endomondo with almost any mobile phone with GPS including Android, iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Phone. You can also use Endomondo with various devices including Garmin devices, step counters, Wi-Fi scales and wearables.
THE NAME: A WORLD OF ENDORPHINS
Endo is short for endorphins, which are released in the brain during workouts. Mondo means world in Esperanto. In sum, Endomondo is a world of endorphins!
CONTACT INFO: LET US TELL YOU MORE
For more information, please visit www.endomondo.com. If you’re looking to get in touch with us, we have dedicated areas for inquiries related to Press, Advertising, Challenges & Pages, Employee Fitness, and Help. For all other inquiries, please write us here.