The following is a guest post by Martin Bjergegaard:
For the past couple of years, I have been deeply engaged in the topic of how to find time to stay healthy and fit, both while building a career and spending quality time with the family. Let it be said right away; at times it can definitely be a tall order. However, if I should boil down the answer to just one word, it would be “RUN!”
Running can offer a total solution that very few other sports can match:
- You can do it anywhere, anytime (just not right before bedtime)
- It doesn’t cost anything (aside from a pair of running shoes once a year)
- You are outdoors, and that’s a refreshing place to be!
- It’s efficient: just 30 minutes is sufficient, though if you are busy, do it in 12
- Running is social, or at least it can be – I love running with my friends
- If you have a small child, no problem – just buy a baby jogger. Suddenly your spouse will encourage you to run, instead of complaining about you spending time at the gym
- Travelling is no problem, just always have your running shoes with you
- You don’t need to go to a certain place. Just walk out the door, start moving your legs faster, and your exercise has begun!