You’ve finished your workout and you’re feeling good but don’t throw in the towel and flop down on the couch just yet. You still have a few things you need to do when you’re done burning calories. Here are the five things we always do after a workout:
What To Do After A Workout:
- Cool Down. After a workout you shouldn’t abruptly stop once you’ve hit your target time or distance. Cooling down is necessary to bring your heart rate down and to prevent muscle cramping or soreness.
- Hydrate. Not only do you need to keep hydrated while you’re working out but you need to hydrate after as well. You’ve lost plenty of water during that cardio session and hydrating while you’re resting is just as important as staying hydrated while you’re working out.
- Stretch. Do your body a favor and stretch during your cool down. You’ll avoid being sore and hey, it feels good too!
- Refuel. Your body needs to refuel after a workout and that means you need to eat. Why would you eat when you want to lose weight? You need to eat to get back that lost energy and keep your muscles in tip top shape. You don’t have to gorge yourself, getting a little protein after a workout is what your body needs.
- Review. Want to see results after your workout? Us too. That’s why we like to review our progress by checking out our workout history on Endomondo.
What do you like to do after a workout?